Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FOOD TRIP !!!!


Food trip is my favorite past time because in "food tripping" I will show my creativity. I started "food tripping" since I was an elementary and my "tripping mates" is my cousin she also love "food tripping"and when I'm entering high school I cannot expect that my classmates love "food tripping" too so my high school life makes is exciting.  I love experimenting desserts because it is easy and efficient and I love deserts. my favorite desserts are cakes, chocolates, candies and ice cream. My favorite cake flavors is Brazo De Mercedes that contains white eggs, milk, vanilla extract,cashew nuts and egg yolks.Those ingredients makes me so hyper because it is very sweet. In chocolates I love the flavors of cadbury because it is not their chocolates are not too sweet that makes me smile and I hate the chocolates that contains nougat, nuts and fruits like Cranberry & Granola, Macadamia, Dream with Strawberry Bits. In candies I like all kind of candies except candies contains nougat and peanut because when I ate peanuts on the next day i have a pimple so i hate peanuts. Lastly is the ice cream. Ice cream is my favorite desserts because it gives me happiness when I taste an ice cream. There are some desserts in the different region in the Philippines like 


Barquillos a flat, sweet flour-based pastry rolled into a hollow tube in Negros Occidental


Balekoy a sweet pastry made from flour, sugar, sesame seeds, and vanilla in Bulacan.


Dodol a toffee-like food delicacy made with coconut milk, Jagger, and rice flour, and is sticky, thick and sweet. It is mostly served during festivals such as Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Raya Haji in Ilocos and Lanao.


Those are the few famous desserts in different region in the Philippines.


I can recall my grandma's expertise she always prepared her desserts in different occasions like birthdays, fiestas, Christmas, new year I always watch her when she prepared her desserts and her specialties in desserts is "Graham cake with kernel corn on the top" I love her Graham because she makes a lot of layers and every layer she filled it with smooth and sweet whip cream that make it special I also love her dishes like "Adobo", "Afritada", "Nilagang baka", "Sinigang" and I also eat exotic food when my grandma cooked it but when the other people cooked it I cannot eat it like "Papaitan", "Bopis" and "ginataang pagi". I ate a lot when my grandma cooked it because my grandma knows what fits in my taste buds and she know how my appetite is satisfied.


I love foods and I know that everyone of us love it too but don't put aside our health we need to have limitation because everything too much is dangerous so don't put aside our health even though we are enjoying about what we are doing so take care our selves because we only have one life.:] 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment